Tuesday, April 21, 2009

In Class. Listen up!

So, after viewing alot of these videos I cam across alot of negative ones. Not that there is majority of negative videos, it just so happens the topic I am researching came up with very intersting videos.

I was researching drugs/alcohol content and I cam across the video Under 21. Thsi video really bothered me because of the fact these 15 year old girls had no way of raltionalizing how bad they're actions are with driking. I do not think there is enough media related negative resources on under age drinking. Yes, we all see the signs that say not to buy underage teens and adolescents alcohol, but there is no explanation why. I went on to look up some statistics of underage drinking and found this, Underage Drinking. Its appaling to think in grade 8 that students are BINGE drinking! Why hasn't the media made a larger impact on teens and adolescents?!

I really enjoyed the website, it allowed young adults to really express how they feel abotu topics they face everyday growing up. It was the ultimate media for teens. It really made me think that teens are not this other lfie form (which I have agreed with throughtout the semester) but it was really interesting to see all the views coming from them not an adult who thinks they know how teens feel. I hope Hine would agree.

1 comment:

  1. YOu started off strong with your blogs but then you seem to let it go for the second half of the semester... you have so much to say (and you organized your thoughts so well)!! I wish you had posted more of your ideas here.

    LB :)

    ReplyDelete